[mapserver-users] Java Applet Development

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Tue Aug 21 14:51:55 EDT 2001

Thanks to all for the input. However, I must have some kind of MENTAL BLOCK
going on. I can't seem to visualize the link from a Perl generated MAP file to
the ROSA applet.
I usually create my shapefiles and mapfile on the fly based on user input and
deliver the user to a page containing the mapimage applet... (my mapserver
template file).

I can't make the leap over to the Rosa applet. Would I merely build a page
on-the-fly using Perl and point to the image I made with the Mapserver cgi? If
so, how would I define PIXEL_SIZE? And what about zooming? The
ec_species_e.phtml  FORM action points to ec_species_e.phtml and this is a PHP
interface. What would I point to to have Perl/Mapserver get involved to create
a new image.

Thanks so much in advance. Sorry if this is basic stuff, but like I said... I
just haven't been able to make the connection between these two environments!
Kieran