[mapserver-users] Querying a polygon layer with TILEINDEX?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Aug 22 10:21:52 EDT 2001

I've created a number of point, line, and polygon layers (in 3.5) by
tiling a set of shapefiles together (using tile4ms) and using a
TILEINDEX - i.e.

LAYER
  NAME Lakes
  TYPE Polygon
  STATUS On
  TILEINDEX LAKESIDX
  CLASS
    COLOR 144 219 255
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    TEMPLATE "Lakes_template.html"
  END

  HEADER "Lakes_header.html"
  FOOTER "Lakes_footer.html"

END

I now find that I can't query this layer, as I could when I just had a
single shapefile defined with a DATA statement.  Is this by design?  If
I should be querying a TILEINDEX layer some other way, let me know.  I'm
running on a two-week-old build of 3.5, so let me know if I need an
update.  Thanks!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker