[mapserver-users] dumb newbie question ----- follows.... many opinions requested

Grant Marblestone GrantM at ATSER.com
Tue Dec 4 12:36:58 EST 2001

Howdy,

I need some help with this gis business.  I am a newbie programmer in a
small company assigned to do a projet map.  basically it should be able to
plot a city and all our projects' locations in that city.  The "dots"
denoting the projects should be dynamically looked up in a database and they
should also be "clickable".  IS this possible with mapServer and how long
will it take an idiot, guesstimation.  Finally, are there any better online
tools or offline tools for learning how to make mapServer work.  I think the
more i play the more i will learn,  however i was just wondering.

Long live open source,

Grant