[mapserver-users] java MapScript

DebasishS at riskinc.com DebasishS at riskinc.com
Wed Dec 5 23:38:22 EST 2001

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response . I did try out compling it but was unsuccessful .
Could  you please let me know the steps as to how youdid it.

thanks and regards
Debasish Sahu.
Senior Software Engineer
RMS India.
A-7,Sector-16
Noida-201301.
Uttar Pradesh.India.
Phone :  +91-118-4511102
Fax :  +91-118-4511109
Website : http://www.rmsinet.com

                    Scott Shealy
                    <sshealy at e811        To:     DebasishS at riskinc.com, mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu,
                    .com>                owner-mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                                         cc:
                    12/05/01             Subject:     Re: [mapserver-users] java  MapScript
                    09:11 PM

I have gotten it to compile... I had to rip out the SWIG generated
exception
handeling code and rename all method that genrated the stub
getClass(conflicts with java.lang.Object.getClass) to getClass_.  That did
the trick. I think the SWIG genrated error code only handle C runtime
exceptions so it is not that big a deal. I have been meaning to go back and

see why it will not compile but I have not had a chance yet.. As I remember

it was complaining about some jClass object(a JNI object) in the error
handling code that look perfectly fine to me...

Make sure when you compile it that you use all the same compiler flags that

you compile the mapserver(libmap.a) with or you will have all kinds of fun
runtime errors(related to memory errors)

Scott Shealy