[mapserver-users] Mouse Overs on a Map?

Arthur, John John.Arthur at voicestream.com
Thu Dec 6 13:24:25 EST 2001

I also would be interested to know

John Arthur
RF Technician
Office:   (757) 490-7221
Cellular: (757) 692-1515
Email: john.arthur at voicestream.com
_~-^-~_
VoiceStream
W I R E L E S S

-----Original Message-----
From: Doyon, Jean-Francois [mailto:Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:09 AM
To: 'mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu'
Subject: [mapserver-users] Mouse Overs on a Map?

Hello,

I know it's doable, but I'm wondering exactly how hard, or if there are any
examples out there?

I think it's got something to do with using MapScript in order to generate
the ISMAP files, somehting to do with the labelling buffer I beleive?

Ideally I'd like to use something like overlib in combination with a mapping
tool, but right now I'm just curious about how hard it is and how long it
would take before I commit to providing this feature!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca