[mapserver-users] [mapsize] abnormal behavior?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Sun Dec 9 18:49:28 EST 2001

Richard,

Oh it's not even set, don't have to set it, imgxy isn't used for resizing
the map.  It should only use the extent requested or the default one, and
output the image in the requested size ... Even if I did set imgxy I would
get the same result since the default IS the middle of the map.

I've done this before many times without trouble, but on older versions of
MapServer ...

It seems to me it's drawing the image as a subset of the default settings.
Imagine the default is 400 360 ... draw that at full extent, now go to the
middle of the map and draw a gif that's 100 89 ... and you'll get what I'm
getting, the resulting image looks as if I'd just zoomed in ... it's the
right size mind you! :P Just  not showing the proper default extent ... I
even tried specifying it through the URL, and it STILL looked wrong!

Thanks,
J.F.