[mapserver-users] Mouse Overs on a Map?

Mark.Wilson at rohoel.at Mark.Wilson at rohoel.at
Tue Dec 11 03:02:04 EST 2001

I have used Overlib with Mapserver. I got around the image map / form
problem by having the main map as the image map, responding to mouseover
events. Mouseclicks in overlib popups caused a link to be followed.

For the navigation side, I simply had a normal reference map, and
underneath it, another small version of the main map labelled "navigation",
where the user could click to pan or zoom, depending upon the value of the
radio buttons, as per a normal interface.

It is a compromise. It worked for me because I was displaying only filled
country outlines with point data. Some maps may look pretty ugly compressed
to such small sizes, depending upon the data being displayed.

Unfortunately, I've screwed up my mapscript installation, so I can't point
you to a working example at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Mark W.

"Stephen Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>@lists.gis.umn.edu on 06/12/2001