[mapserver-users] Tileindex question

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Dec 12 12:19:29 EST 2001

Steve -

No, MapServer currently supports only one level of tile indexing - it
expects the pointer in the LOCATION field to be the data.

I'm not sure that multiple levels of indirection would be a good idea
from a performance standpoint, although it certainly has some benefit
from a data management perspective.  I have created some pretty big
tileindex files by feeding a whole directory tree into them.  Be sure to
remember to use shptree to create a spatial index on the tileindex file.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com