[mapserver-users] MS Access Databases

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Dec 13 20:23:57 EST 2001

I haven't done that yet, but I believe it is possible with mapscript.

You can use the scripting language to query and ODBC connection to the
access database then use mapscript to a points and annotation to a layer
and then pass the generated map back to the user. On a query, you
retrieve the coordinate the user clicked on, map that back to some
lat/long value and perform a SQL query to see what items in the database
are close to the query point, then display back the results of the SQL
query.

Currently I think mapscript is only working for PHP, Perl, and Python.
Read up on mapscript, and check out the list archives.

-Steve