[mapserver-users] is there Binaries code for Unix Solaris? Thanks.

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Dec 18 15:03:38 EST 2001

I haven't build anything on a Sun box in a few years, but I was not
aware that you needed root rights to build mapserver. You should be able
to download the source and build as a user and get the same executables
as if you downloaded a binary distribution.

In eiter case, you will need root rights to install the executable in
the cgi-bin directory unless your server allows user cgi-bin files.

-Steve