[mapserver-users] mapscript docs

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Dec 19 17:34:27 EST 2001

ok gentlefolks,

I am completely lost now. Having been following the list in a cursory
fashion (you know how bad I am with email lists) I realized today that 3.5
has been officially released. I jumped up and down with joy. Downloaded,
installed, checked with the demo app... all copacetic. Then...

I can't find any docs for mapscript... it says teasingly that its "coming
soon..."

I went and dutifully searched the list archives. drew a blank there. I also
searched my own Access db of the list (yup, I have all the messages since
7/17/2001 archived in Access)... nothing on Perl/Mapscript.

What did I miss?

I had created a nice application using ms3.4 and PHP/Mapscript on a Linux
box, but I discovered soon that it won't work on my Windoze 2k box running
Apache... I learned PHP dll won't work with "a multithreaded webserver"
unless I run PHP in CGI mode. Shucks, because I ain't gonna mess with my
PHP.

So, I'm gonna rewrite my app in Perl. But I need the Perl/Mapscript docs.
Hence this email.

Tia,

pk/