[mapserver-users] Where has the documentation gone?

Andy Latto andy at metacarta.com
Wed Dec 19 18:27:59 EST 2001

I started using mapserver on Monday. The documentation page at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc.html included a CGI reference,
and documentation for the template file format.

Today the CGI reference is not there, and what used to be a link
to it is labelled "coming soon", and the link to the template
file doc is gone completely.

I'm guessing that this is because a new version, 3.5, has come
out, but I still find this somewhat distressing.

Even if the documentation is out of date, it's still better than
nothing. I would be happy to continue using 3.3 or 3.4, if documentation
for 3.5 isn't yet available, but now I don't have the documentation
for the old version, either.

Would it be possible to put a link to the old documentation back up, even
if it is only accurate for the old version?

I'd also like to suggest that the documentation files for a version be
included in the downloadable tar file for that version. If this had
been done, the disappearance of the documentation from the web site
wouldn't have left me suddenly dead in the water.

				Andy Latto