[mapserver-users] mapscript docs

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Dec 20 08:17:20 EST 2001

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> I had created a nice application using ms3.4 and PHP/Mapscript on a Linux
> box, but I discovered soon that it won't work on my Windoze 2k box running
> Apache... I learned PHP dll won't work with "a multithreaded webserver"
> unless I run PHP in CGI mode. Shucks, because I ain't gonna mess with my
> PHP.
>
> So, I'm gonna rewrite my app in Perl. But I need the Perl/Mapscript docs.

Puneet,

I can't answer about the status of Perl MapScript 3.5 docs, but I know
that Perl MapScript has changed since 3.3 so the old 3.3 docs won't be
complete enough for sure.

About your app, I think reconfiguring your PHP as a CGI is still the
best route (it's not that big a change, all your stuff should still work
after).  First because you won't have to rewrite your app, but mostly
because we're still waiting to hear from someone that has succesfully
used Perl MapScript on Windoze... a few users have managed to compile
it, but they all ran into problems when they tried using it AFAIK.
Maybe someone has had more success recently, but I don't remember
hearing anything about that.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca