[mapserver-users] Is MapServer compatible with tab files?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Dec 20 14:50:38 EST 2001

Steve Simpson wrote:

> In searching in the docs and the list archives, I'm
> pretty sure I have my answer.  I assume that MapServer
> does not work with MapInfo's tab files and that they
> would have to be converted to shapefiles first?  Is
> that correct?  Thanks.

Hi Steve,

As Steve (Lime) wrote, you can use TAB files directly if you compile
with OGR.

See the OGR HOWTO for all the details, the section titled "Sample Sites
Using OGR/Mapserver" also contains links to some OGR demos on our
website (where you can look at the mapfile, etc.)
  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/ogr-howto.html

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca