[mapserver-users] $map->draw() timeout

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ukans.edu
Thu Dec 27 11:19:28 EST 2001

void set_time_limit (int seconds)

Set the number of seconds a script is allowed to run. If this is
reached, the script returns a fatal error. The default limit is 30
seconds or, if it exists, the max_execution_time value defined in the
configuration file. If seconds is set to zero, no time limit is imposed.

When called, set_time_limit() restarts the timeout counter from zero. In
other words, if the timeout is the default 30 seconds, and 25 seconds
into script execution a call such as set_time_limit(20) is made, the
script will run for a total of 45 seconds before timing out.

set_time_limit() has no effect when PHP is running in safe mode. There
is no workaround other than turning off safe mode or changing the time
limit in the configuration file.

__