[mapserver-users] Projection Woes?

Dave Howlett davehowlett at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 29 13:57:09 EST 2001

I'm trying to reproject my data to a Lambert Conformal Conic projection.
The data is in a geographic coordinates projection (or non-projected).
There doesn't appear to be a lot of information online regarding
performing this task within MapServer unfortunately. If someone can
proof me wrong on that I'd greatly appreciate it :)

So far I have defined the projection which I desire in the Map Object
and each of the Layer Objects with:

PROJECTION
     "proj=lcc"
     "ellps=GRS80"
     "lat_0=49"
     "lon_0=-95"
     "lat_1=49"
     "lat_2=77"
END

Yet there is no difference in the display.

My units are in decimal degrees. Could this be the problem?

I'm running MapServer 3.5 with Proj.4 compiled on a Redhat box.

Please help me with my distorted views!!

Dave