lib GD problem

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 6 14:42:39 EST 2001

Carl Anderson wrote:

> I needed to patch configure.in
> to compile  mapserver against a shared version of GD-1.8.3 on a
> Solaris2.7-gcc

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the patch... I've added the 2 lines you suggested to
configure.in (in the 3.5 CVS source):

  test -f $GD_DIR/.libs/libgd.a && GD_LIBDIR="$GD_DIR/.libs"
  test -f $GD_DIR/_libs/libgd.a && GD_LIBDIR="$GD_DIR/_libs"

> I also compiled freetype support into my GD
> as well as XPM support
>
> so in the end I had to set CFLAGS to "-ltiff -lz -ljpeg -lpng -lttf
> -lXpm -lX11"
> to get configure to work without changing more of configure.in

We would need to detect that GD contains TTF and/or XPM using the
AC_CHECK_LIB() macro to add those CFLAGS in the configure stuff...

e.g.
  AC_CHECK_LIB(gd, gdImageJpeg, GD_DEF=-DUSE_GD_1_8,, $GD_LIB -ljpeg
-lpng -lz)

I don't have that version of GD running here, so I can't (at the moment)
add the AC_CHECK_LIB() macros that will detect TTF and XPM... but if you
do find them then please forward them to me and I'll update the
configure.in.

Thanks,
 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/