Use of tiled data...

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Feb 14 06:34:24 EST 2001

Dear List,

I know this subject has been mentioned a lot in the archive, but i still
need some advice.

I have datsets that are organised by directory structure. In each
subdirectory i have a set of shapes always with the same name.
So far, it looks as if it's just the normal case when you would use a
tiled data layer (.ie TILEINDEX).
But for each "MapServer-Session" I only want to access exactly one
subdirectoy (the county the user has chosen) no information about
adjacent counties has to be displayed or queried. But i need the
displayed layer to be queryable.

At the moment, I am thinking of using php/mapscript calls to change the
source of the layer, after the user has chosen a county. Could it be
done diffenrently? Via the URL
(cgi-bin/mapserv?...&map_layername_data=./main_dir/sub_dir/shapefile&...)?

Any comments will be appreciated! Thanks,

Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de