OGC / MapScript questions

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:47:59 EST 2001

Hi,

I'v been working w/ MapServer to build a basic application.  Until now, I
have not used any MapScript.

I would like to integrate layers called from OGC-type servers (eg.
clearinghouse dcw data), to overlay onto my datasets.  I have a script to
return an OGC-style response of data BBOX, and would like to glue this into
mapserver.

I understand OGC compliance is forthcoming, but is this possible in
MapScript in the interim?  Does anyone have any examples of this working?

I tried running the site example for MapScript on my web server:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use mapscript;

my $map = new mapObj('/www/htdocs/gis/mapserv/wmp/wmp-dev.map') or die
"Unable to open mapfile: $!\n";
my $img = $map->draw() or die('Unable to draw map');
mapscript::msSaveImage($img, '/tmp/imgfile', $map->{interlace},
$map->{transparent});

and get the following error in my error_log:

Unable to open mapfile: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I'm running mapserver on a RedHat6.2 with Apache-1.3.14

Anyone had this type of issue?

How does one deal w/ MapScript?  Does it replace the mapserv binary as the
driving application, calling everthing through there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

..Tom