Upcoming developments & New applications

Tim Sutton
Fri Feb 16 21:27:22 EST 2001

Hi

I think the work you are planning looks fantastic. I was just
wondering if there any plans afoot to support compressed
imagery such as MrSid or ErMapper's ECW format? I realise these are
proprietry formats and there may not be open specifications but it
can't hurt to ask can it?

We have a couple of largish datasets in .ecw format that ould be nice
to be able to 'serve up'.

There is also an interesting image compression project called fiasco
which _is_ open source and may be a good candidate for incorporation
into MapServer.

Tim Sutton
GIS Technician
Cape Nature Conservation