gmap demo : Fatal error: Object expected as argument. in /home/ii/mapserver/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 696

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 22 12:44:47 EST 2001

Angus D Madden wrote:

> I've got ms_demo up and running on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.17 running
> Apache 1.3.14 and php 4.0.4pl1.
> When I first load gmap75.phtml, everything runs
> fine, the images are created, and the applet loads.  However, as soon as
> I click on anything, I get the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Object expected as argument. in
> /home/ii/mapserver/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 696

What do you have on line 696?  Is it a call to $gpoMap->SetExtent()?

The error means that the $gpoMap PHP object is corrupted or has been
flushed somehow by the PHP engine... I never saw this before... it could
be related to new variables management features (like reference
counting) added recently in PHP4... but I'm surprised because I know
that the module has been used without problems by others using
PHP4.0.4pl1.

I'll keep a note about that bug and will try to have a look as soon as I
can (not sure when though!).

BTW, the following info could probably help in reproducing the problem:
- Do you use the default php.ini-dist settings or did you edit php.ini?
- Is PHP4's thread-safe and/or debug enabled?  (See phpinfo() output)
- What are your PHP configure options?

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/