Compiling MS on Win32+SDE

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Feb 22 17:52:57 EST 2001

Would be nice to verify the error on another machine though so it might be worth
it to compile and try it anyway. Might not even be my fault! ;-)

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Kuster, Egon" <Egon.Kuster at dsto.defence.gov.au> 02/22/01 04:29PM >>>
Yeah I have been able to compile mapserver with SDE support in win32 but
there are other problems after you have the program compiled and running.
When you try and use a normal shapefile the compiled program works fine but
as soon as you try and use the SDE support you get the following error:

The instruction at "0x00423d96" reference memory at "0x00000004". The memory
could not be "read"

I currently have Stephen Lime who is working for University of Minnesota to
look into this problem, if you would like more information drop stephen a
line on steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

So here is where I stand, yes I can get it to compile and run on win32 but
when you use the SDE support a memory error is produced.

Sorry but that is where it is at the moment.

Egon Kuster
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Information Technology Division
Phone: +61 8 8259 5175