FWD: Mapinfo

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jan 2 15:55:59 EST 2001

> Hi,
>    I just installed mapserver from a nightly build with PHP4 support,
> GDAL v1.1.1, TIFF, etc.
>
> I have PHP using mapscript and can call on the files from the mapserver
> demo, but I need to access some .tab files.  I created a new .map file
> to use the files that I am testing with.  I contains (roughly)
>
> # Start of Map File
> NAME City
> STATUS ON
> SIZE 600 600
> UNITS METERS
> SHAPEPATH "data"
>
> LAYER
>         NAME country
>         STATUS DEFAULT
>         CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
>         DATA canada.tab
> END
>
> But I am getting a blank image file.
>
> Any Suggestions.

With CONNECTIONTYPE OGR or SDE, the "DATA" and "SHAPEPATH" parameters
are ignored.  You have to use the CONNECTION parameter instead.

For OGR, the CONNECTION parameter value should be the path to the data
file relative to the location of the .map file:

LAYER
        NAME country
        STATUS DEFAULT
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR