getting [mapetx] from item/value searches

kenboss kenboss at dilbert.dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jan 8 12:11:21 EST 2001

mapserver is likely simply defaulting to the extent that is defined in your
mapfile.  To get it to do otherwise, use either the "buffer" or "scale" keywords
in your query.  Eg.:

http://.../mapserv?map=...&item=place&name=Matatu&qlayer=...&scale=100000
or
http://.../mapserv?map=...&item=place&name=Matatu&qlayer=...&buffer=5000