Bug Report: MSW, can't read "map": no such variable

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Fri Jan 12 16:17:53 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 12:40:48PM -0800, Matt.Wilkie wrote:

> The App Wizard sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It is
> more likely to not work when the image type is PNG. It is
> more likely to work when the image type is GIF, and it is a
> totally new map (eg: new directory with no contents).

Thanks for the bug report.  This should have been a warning in the README,
I'm only supporting GIF at the moment, mainly due to how I'm bulding
MapscriptTcl & the fact that GIF support is included in base Tcl/Tk; JPG,
PNG, etc. require the Img extension.  I put those extra images types
in the app builder, but I should make them inactive for now.

I'll need to figure out away to find out what which GD lib Mapserver is
compiled with, and offer only those same choices.

I'm also CC'ing this to the list, it's probably useful to others.

Also of note, I'm keeping track of bugs at the sourceforge project page.
Feel free to submit bugs there also.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net