Nightly builds with GDAL support for Win32

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jan 23 22:21:34 EST 2001

"Pericles S. Nacionales" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have available for download compiled MapServer binaries with GDAL support.
> It hasn't been tested yet so I haven't added a link to it from the Win32
> binaries download page.  However, if anyone would like to test it, it can be
> downloaded at
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32bin/ms34gif_gdal_nightly.zip for GIF
> output and
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32bin/ms34pmg_gdal_nightly.zip for PNG
> output.
>
> If you do test it, please let me know (and maybe the list) if it works,
> works well, or if it doesn't work at all.

Pericles,

I downloaded and gave a quick try to the ms34gif_gdal_nightly.zip and it
seems to be working OK with MapInfo TAB files.

BTW, I know all these acronyms make things very confusing, but I have a
small clarification to make for the benefit of all users: you talk about
GDAL here, but I assume that you meant OGR, which is part of the GDAL
source tree... GDAL and OGR share some code and are part of the
same source code package, but are 2 different things:
  - GDAL is for raster file formats
  - OGR is for vector file formats
and at this point, MapServer only supports OGR's vector file formats...
(unless someone added support for GDAL's raster formats recently?).

Thanks a lot for making this available!
 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/