scale and query problems

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 24 00:45:41 EST 2001

Robert Ofarrell wrote:

> A couple of problems that I have run into when using MapScript with PHP3.
>
> 1. When doing a query on a map with multiple layers, the result of a
> msqueryUsingPoint() only returns the shapes in the first two layers and
> seems to ignore the other layers on the map.  I have a nice tolerance so
> that all the layers have some shape where I click but only the first two
> layers respond.

Robert,

This probably has more to do with your .map layers setup than with
MapScript itself.  Are all the layers you want to query with STATUS=ON,
and do they all contain a QUERY object?

We've used queries with multiple layers before and I don't remember
noticing a problem... but a bug is always possible.  If you're sure that
your layers are setup properly, then please send me your .map file and
I'll try to reproduce/fix the problem.

> 2. When I am trying to find the scale that I am currently at on the map
> when zooming, the $map->scale returns -1.

I've made a few tests and also noticed that $map->scale is sometimes set
to -1 before any call is made to an operation that forces recomputing
the scale, like calling $map->zoompoint() or $map->setextent().

Once again, if you could isolate the problem and send me a piece of
script that reproduces the exact case that you're refering to then
that could help a lot in reproducing and fixing it.

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/