Register of who's doing what, and what's in the pipeline?

Peter O'Regan petero at resolution.co.nz
Thu Jan 25 17:21:18 EST 2001

Hello from New Zealand everyone!

The function Robert has requested seems like an essential component for an
online GIS.  For instance, it would enable address finding - where the user
types in an address and the map is rendered and presented, highlighting the
selected property. Very useful (and important). This signals a bigger issue
for me.

I am a relative newcomer to MapServer and the OpenSource movement. While
MapServer is impressive as it stands, I know there's a lot of good
development work being done by many people.  There seems a large risk that
effort may be being duplicated.  Is there a register somewhere which
identifies who's working on certain aspects of Mapserver, Mapscript etc, or
forthcoming release notes?  How do we ensure wheels aren't being
re-created?

For instance, I would like to know what Java interfaces have been developed
for Mapscript on Linux.  Where could I find this info?

I look forward to being part of the MapServer movement, and contributing to
making online GIS affordable to the mainstream.

Regards

Peter O'Regan
Director, Resolution Consulting Limited
petero at resolution.co.nz
Phone 025 273 8298
Fax +64 7 856 0306
PO Box 7012, Hamilton East
New Zealand

Resolution Consulting -  turning data into strategic insight

This email contains confidential information. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform us of the mistake
by return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of this
email is strictly prohibited.