using pieces of mapserver code

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Mon Jan 29 02:32:18 EST 2001

Michael,

* Michael Hearne (mhearne at bellsouth.net) [010128 18:57]:
> This is almost a C programming question, but I don't know of any groups
> to which I could address the question other than this one.  Here goes:

[...]

> For example, I'm trying to compile the code included at the bottom of
> this message, and I keep getting 'undefined reference to X' messages.

The exact message would be helpful.

[...]

> Or, could I use (or make) a library out of the C code that is in
> mapserver and use that?

[...]
> 	if(msOpenSHPFile(&shpfile, "rb", path, tile, filename) == -1){
> 		printf("Filename %s cannot be opened!\n",filename);
> 	}
> }

As already mentioned in a reply to your earlier question (accidently not
cc'd to the list :( I suggest to have a look at the shapelib
http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/shapelib/index.html
on which the MapServer shapefile read-in is based.

Regards,

    Frank

--
Frank Koormann                              http://intevation.net/~frank/