[mapserver-users] Yay! Here are some fixes for everyone.

Beau Gunderson bludwulf at crackrock.net
Sun Jul 1 04:00:31 EDT 2001

The current CVS code is broken in that loadProjectionString has not been
replaced with msLoadProjectionString in many places. I first noticed this
when I got an undefined symbol error with loadProjectionString, even
though I *knew* it was linking to libmap.a. Upon closer inspection,
however, I noticed that map.h's definition of loadProjectionString didn't
actually exist in code anywhere, and the closest match was
msLoadProjectionString. A grep -R revealed a note in the php3 mapscript
source about being sure to change all the occurences. Whoops! =) By the
way, I'd be happy to fix stuff like this and not have to go through the
long process of writing these incredibly verbose messages about bugs I
found in the code.. Would it be possible to get commit access on cvs? Is
there a seperate mailing list for developers?

Thanks =)

-Beau Gunderson