[mapserver-users] mapext=shapes with points

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jul 3 11:17:57 EDT 2001

Those 2 parameters are contradicting each other. Mapext=shapes tells the MapServer
to use the extent of a point (which is itself a point) and the buffer never really gets used.
What version are you using? With that I can give you a workaround.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Richard Greenwood <Rich at GreenwoodMap.com> 07/03/01 10:10AM >>>
I'm working with a querymap on a point layer.  I want to click on a point
and get a querymap that shows an arbitrary radius around the point. I have
mapext=shapes and buffer=100000, but my querymap keeps coming back with a
scale of -1 (zoomed in way too far).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich