[mapserver-users] Re: Mapscript/PHP and TIFF

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 11 15:27:41 EDT 2001

"Rupert, James" wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>
>  I have encounter a problem with PHP/mapscript and TIFF images. If I use
> mapserver standalone the TIFF image appears properly. If I draw the same map
> file through PHP/mapscript the image is output as a mirror image and is
> rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise. Any thoughts.
>
> Jamie

Jamie,

PHP/MapScript does nothing special about the way things are drawn.  Are
your 'mapserv' CGI and your PHP MapScript compiled with the exact same
options?  Perhaps one of them uses native TIFF support in MapServer and
the other one uses GDAL's TIFF support?  (If so then we'll have to find
out why they behave differently.)

Maybe Frank, Steve, or someone else on the list already ran into a
similar problem and will have some ideas?

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca