[mapserver-users] embedded scalebars with php-mapscript 3.5 (fwd)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu Jul 12 15:29:36 EDT 2001

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:53:44 +0200 (CEST)
From: Bruno Gendron <bruno_gendron at yahoo.com>
Subject: embedded scalebars with php-mapscript 3.5
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu

Hi everyone

I recently (yesterday) switched my setup (on Windows
98) from PHP-Mapscript 3.4 to PHP 4.0.5-Mapscript 3.5,
and many mapfiles are not working anymore. I finally
isolated the problem: embedded scalebars.

For exemple, given the following mapfile:

# Map file

NAME "NEF"
STATUS ON
SIZE 540 360
SYMBOLSET"C:\web\htdocs\dev\geodata\symbols\marker.sym"
FONTSET
"C:\web\htdocs\dev\geodata\symbols\fontset.sym"
EXTENT 278263 5031185 290820 5041061
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "../../../mapdata"
IMAGECOLOR 220 220 175

# Web definition

WEB
  IMAGEPATH "c:\web\htdocs\tmp\"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
  LOG "demo.log"
END

# Scalebar

SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0
  STYLE 0
  COLOR 0 0 0
  BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE SMALL
  END
  UNITS KILOMETERS
  INTERVALS 3
  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  STATUS EMBED
  POSITION LC
END

# Layer definitions

LAYER
  NAME "nef1995"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  DATA c1995
  CLASSITEM "valeurnef"

  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /./
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
    COLOR 255 255 255
  END
END

END # of mapfile

...I get the following error:

Fatal error: MapServer Error in msGetBitmapFont():
Invalid bitmap font. Must be one of tiny, small,
medium, large or giant. in
c:\web\htdocs\dev\geodata\ms_installtest.php4 on line
20

If I change the scalebar status to ON, no problemo!
Strangely, the mapfile was OK with version 3.4.

Any solution?

Also, the 3.5 mapfile specs says the you need to
define a markerset in order to embed a scalebar. But
embedded scalebars were working fine in 3.4 even if
there was no markerset defined anywhere. Could
somebody give more informations about all this?

Thanks

=====
Bruno Gendron
Consultant en TI et geomatique / IT and GIS Consultant
685 40eme avenue, Lachine, QC Canada, H8T 2G2

"Quand on connait l'equilibre, on ne se passionne pour rien,
   on ne s'attache meme pas a la vie, car on est la vie."
 Emile Cioran