[mapserver-users] qix file is breaking point layers

Matt Carlson matt at aruke.com
Fri Jul 13 05:17:38 EDT 2001

OS - RH 6.2
mapserver version 3.3.011

after i added my point layers, at specific areas of the map mapserver was
breaking.  i deleted the qix files for those layers and the map drew ok.
sorry for the dumb question, but am i not suppossed to create qix files
using shptree for my point layers?  or is this a bug?  what kind of speed
impact do qix files have for point layers, i know that they made a huge
difference for my line and polygon layers.

thanks for any help,

Matt Carlson
Web Application Developer
Alchemedia Inc.