[mapserver-users] MapScript Perl-CGI/Problems

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Fri Jul 20 21:03:04 EDT 2001

> This is the only error that I get in my logs.
>
> [Fri Jul 20 10:43:42 2001] [error] [client 192.168.1.47] Premature end =
> of script headers: /ho
>
>  Here is some code that I am using. When I comment out the 3   $map=3D  =
> , $img=3D and mapscript::msSaveImage   lines it works.=20
> Now, if I comment out the  "use CGI"  code, and NOT the mapscript code, =
> then it works!
> So I am wondering, is there conflicts with CGI.pm and Mapscript.pm ?

I can tell there's not a conflict, at least in my configuration:

mserv 3.3.011
perl 5.6.0
apache 1.3.14

I also had your problem at first, but turned out to be a bad map file.

What happens when you run the script in offline mode?
(ie, from a shell)

As a general rule, debugging cgi scripts from web server logs is not at
all helpful, because any error that prevents execution will be seen by the
web server as a 'Premature end of script headers' (there are no headers
because the script never actually produced output).

HTH,
--
V. <v at w.cl>