[mapserver-users] Zooming and MapScript

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 23 11:34:30 EDT 2001

The script linked to via this site shows you one way to do it.

  - http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapquakes.pl

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Vinko Vrsalovic B." <v at w.cl> 07/20/01 09:14PM >>>

Hello again.

	What's the right method to zoom an image with mapscript?

	My problem is I don't have a clue where to start :-), changing
the extent makes you pan, is there a way to zoom just changing a parameter
of the map or should I create a new layer or shape from the other?

	If the second alternative is true, where can I find information
about the right methods (algorithms) to use?

	As you may have guessed, my background has nothing to do with maps,
and I'm just starting to learn about them. So if anybody could share with me
an URL or good book about this subject, I'd be very grateful.

	If I asked in the wrong place I'm really sorry.

Thanks a lot in advance.
--
V. <v at w.cl>