[mapserver-users] Image Catalogs....

Ballard,Lowell LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Mon Jul 23 15:59:23 EDT 2001

I'm trying to get an Image catalog up.

I can place the TILEINDEX shapefile in a directory and view it as a polygon
layer in my map with other data.

I can point to a particular image in my image directory and get it to
display using DATA parameter.

I can't get this to go:

LAYER
  NAME spot2001
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
#  DATA spot_2001/N36W0751.tif (This line will work)
  TILEINDEX spot_2001/spotindex
  TILEITEM "LOCATION"
  OFFSITE 0
END

This is my spotindex.shp contents (sample of a few records).

LOCATION
XMIN
YMIN
XMAX
YMAX

spot_2001/n38w0764.tif
261040.00000000
225120.00000000
307920.00000000
283730.00000000

spot_2001/n38w0763.tif
217490.00000000
224220.00000000
263790.00000000
281960.00000000

spot_2001/n38w0754.tif
348226.89000000
228595.60000000
395396.89000000
287505.60000000

spot_2001/n38w0753.tif
304670.00000000
227100.00000000
351550.00000000
285590.00000000

Final notes:
The images and TILEINDEX shapefile are located on a 2nd drive mapped through
a symlink under the data directory (i.e., spot_2001).

I also tried putting in the full unix path in the LOCATION field (i.e.,
/images/spot_2001/xxx.tif).

Thanks,

Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org