[mapserver-users] mapscript install

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 24 11:04:11 EDT 2001

Benoit Véler wrote:

>     I can't manage to install mapscript under w95 :
>
>     * Mpaserver 3.5 works fine on my localhost
>     * I have php 4.0.6 which works all right too
>     * the file php_mapscript_35.dll is in the directory php/dlls
>     * I have made the name changes inside the files
> phpinfo_mapscript.phtml and test_draw_map.phtml, but still, I can't see
> them properly
>
>     what could be wrong ?...

Benoit,

An error message or a description of what goes wrong would have helped
us help you...

My guess is that the error you get must be "unable to find
php_mapscript_35.dll" and it would be because you put the
php_mapscript_35.dll in the wrong directory... usually the Win32
distribution of PHP 4.0.x has extension dlls in the php/extensions
dir... so check your php.ini to make sure that extension_dir points to
the php/extensions dir in your installation, and put the
php_mapscript_35.dll in that directory.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca