[mapserver-users] Meeting

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 25 10:12:04 EDT 2001

I've just been reading through a lot of the comments regarding the need
for documentation.  I agree that there could be much more, however I
wouldn't want to discount the efforts that are being made in this
direction.

In regards to PHP, please bear in mind that this is a relatively new
addition to MapServer - really only getting off the ground in the last
year or so.  We are working towards improving PHP/MapScript
documentation through the UMN documentation project, and I believe this
will go a long way to support user development with PHP.

On a broader note, remember that this is an open source initiative, and
in order for it to be successful requires contributions from the user
community.  Documentation is now being formally organized through the
UMN and I would suggest to anyone who really wants to see this product
improve (not just technically, but with all the other supporting
components - documentation, samples, bug reporting) to get involved.

BTW, I think the user group meeting is a fantastic idea.  It would
certainly help to put faces to all of these names. :)

Dave

--
Dave McIlhagga
President, DM Solutions Group