[mapserver-users] What is the importance of a good Video Card?

Dave Howlett davehowlett at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 25 12:19:26 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm just specing out the hardware requirements to put togeather a server
running MapServer etc. I'm trying to do this on the cheap and the server
will initially just be a development server.

I'm wondering what the importance of a good video card is when MapServer
renders maps. Does Mapserver utilize the video card for this?? If it
doesn't then I can go real cheap on this aspect of my system. If it
does, are there other considerations in selecting a good card besides
for the amount of memory?

Thanks in Advance!

Dave