[mapserver-users] Documentation for current versions?

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Wed Jul 25 15:44:59 EDT 2001

> Having said that, there is certainly a need for a lot more
> documentation and examples.  One suggestion, is that more people make
> their source code available so that it can be linked on the gallery
> page.  We have started dividing the gallery up based on the tools
> used to create the application (let me know if you see any mistakes),
> and I think a great addition would be links to the code behind the
> application.  More short HOWTOs that describe how to add a simple
> feature in MapServer (e.g. a JavaScript gui-style interface) would be
> great.

I can send my code for examples, but can't host it, so when I have
something reasonably good I can send them to you so you do whatever
you like with them.

> As for including a history of changes to parameters/objects in one
> set of documentation, I think that may be a bit confusing and
> difficult to maintain.  We are planning to keep older versions of
> docs available.  We should also consider including a summary of the
> changes from the previous MapServer version in each of the reference
> documents.

Yes please! And correcting those old docs should be a nice thing
to do too.

> Right now, we are using the MapServer bugzilla as a way of tracking
> errors in documentation.  I think will stick with that for now.
> Perhaps I need to make that more visible on the documentation page.

Where is it?

> I think that covers it all.  Let me know if you'd like to do some
> writing.  I can help with the XML side of things.

I'd like to do some writing, what do you need to be written?

Read you,
--
V. <v at w.cl>