[mapserver-users] Image Speed Questions---Generic

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 26 17:05:35 EDT 2001

This is something we have thought about on occasion. I bet the OSSIM
people have some good insights on this too. Our take has always been
that an efficient system is going to have to resort to (5) if they want
to display imagary at a large range of scales. If you want to have a
large range of scales and you don't re-sample ahead of time, you have to
re-sample on the fly, which could be incredibly onerous (open up 100
orthos and grab 10 pixels from each, fun).

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey