[mapserver-users] shapefiles format

Chan Bao Huynh tieumaymay at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 13:35:11 EDT 2001

Mapserver-users,

What format are the shapefiles compatible for
mapserver?  I've downloaded the demo and it works
great on my NT server.  I saw the shapefiles data in
the folder /data that is in triplet set
shp
shx
dbf
Where can I obtain shapefile for the worldmap?  I went
on the net last night and get this set of data
including 5 sets of files
shp
shx
dbf
sbn
sbx
for the world map.  However, the system could load
those file.  When I execute the program, there's image
files created in temp folder but no image content.
I'm afraid mapserver could not read my shapefile
format in order to produce an image like Minnesota
demo.

Also, what is the units used for
EXTEND command
I thought that should be latitude and longitude?  But
it's 5 digit #.  What unit format is that?  How can I
specify the EXTEND limit for the worldmap?

Your assistant is highly appreciated.

-chan huynh
DA Intern, STRICOM
Orlando, FL