[mapserver-users] getExtent / setExtent problems

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Fri Jul 27 21:31:36 EDT 2001

well, I've growed a lot in the past few days, and the mysterious beauty of
Mapserver/Mapscript is only now beginning to appear clearly to me...

But, here's a foggy bit...

I am trying to getExtent of a shape that I have retrieved using its index.

	$shapeExtObj = $shapeFileObj->getExtent($row_id);
	$minx = $shapeExtObj->minx;
	$miny = $shapeExtObj->miny;
	$maxx = $shapeExtObj->maxx;
	$maxy = $shapeExtObj->maxy;

	$border = 1000;

	$minx = $minx - $border;
	$miny = $miny - $border;
	$maxx = $maxx + $border;
	$maxy = $maxy + $border;

	$mapObj->setExtent( $minx, $miny, $maxx, $maxy);

except, the resulting map extent of the map is slightly off-center... if my
logic above is correct, the chosen shape should be exactly centered on the
resulting image, with a border of 1000 feet (map coords are in feet) around
it. Except, the chosen shape appears in the bottom left corner of the image.

What is the obviously obvious that I am doing wrong?

--

Oh... nudderthing... I am unable to query the dbf files on my *nix box using
PHP... says dbase_open() etc. are not copacetic. Could that be because the

--

pk/

--
Puneet Kishor