[mapserver-users] help with tcl

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Tue Jul 31 10:49:53 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 07:58:14PM -0500, Vladimir Guzmán wrote:
> Hello.
> I've been trying to make tcl-script works, but I think I've missed some
> simple thing (I'm not a tcl expert).  When I try to run some script tcl
> says:
> can't find package Mapscript
> while executing
> "package require Mapscript"
> (file "msexplorer.tcl" line 23)
> I suppose there is a problem with paths or something.
> Could you help me, please?

This would indicate that you either didn't install Mapscript/Tcl, or it is
installed in a place where the Tcl interpreter can't find it.

Please read the README for both MapServer Workbench and in the
mapscript/mapscript/tcl directory.

If you still have problems, please write back with:
  -which platform your are using (unix/linux, windows)
  -which version of Tcl you have installed
  -which verison of MapServer (should be 3.4)

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/