[mapserver-users] SPLASH mapserver

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Jun 4 16:24:42 EDT 2001

Hi All,

Just ran into a new (to me) internet mapserver: SPLASH
http://bearings.nsw.gov.au/. Click on the Splash Maps button in the lower
right, in the popup window read the conditions of use and then slap the
green and blue Splash button (the onscreen instructions aren't very clear).

The interface is nicely developed, clean and uncluttered yet retaining a
wealth of functionality, though it does take some experimentation and
reading to figure out how it works. Be prepared to wait a minute or so
for responses to your requests - there are very few "I'm busy" cues.

The wealth of data behind the maps is astounding. I'm extremely envious. :)

I offer this link not to say "the competition is better" or similar.
It's just there are some very good ideas in Splash and some Mapserver
developers may interested in using some of them.

The rest of the message contains some background detail.

cheers,

-matt

Matt Wilkie * Yukon Renewable Resources GIS
http://renres.gov.yk.ca/pubs/rrgis/