[mapserver-users] PHP/Mapscript on Solaris?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 5 17:21:12 EDT 2001

John,

You wrote that you installed both PHP3 and PHP4... which one are you
using to compile and use php_mapscript.so?

Seems to me like the error you got could be because your script is
trying to use a php_mapscript.so compiled for PHP4 from PHP3, or
vice-versa... you probably don't need PHP3 anyway if you have PHP4, so
the first thing to do might be to flush PHP3 completely, keep only a
clean PHP4 installation, and make sure your php_mapscript.so is compiled
for that version of PHP4.

About this being a Solaris8-specific problem, that's also a possibility
but I can't tell, for sure PHP/MapScript does work on Solaris 2.7.

Daniel

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca