[mapserver-users] JSObject in applet

Cameron Shorter cameron at socialchange.net.au
Fri Jun 8 08:18:47 EDT 2001

I did some research on this some time back.

No you cannot drop a "patch" class into old browsers.
The problem is java cannot talk to javascript in these imcompatable
broswers.
A very messy hack you can do is get java applet to open up a new window,
which triggers a javascript call back to original window's javascript.
We decided to just put a message "please upgrade your browser" instead.

--
Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
Social Change Online