[mapserver-users] PHP/MapScript Example

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Tue Jun 12 14:37:50 EDT 2001

Anyone willing to share a *simple* application of PHP/MapScript?

I was able to get the super simple example (phpinfo_mapscript.phtml) from
the MapServer source distribution to work fine... and have manipulated it
etc.

The next example I can look at however, is the gmap application by
dmsolutions...I was hoping there might be something in between.

Basically, I have a map file with a number of layers. I want to use
PHP/MapScript to add some additional intelligence to it... for example, I
have a checkbox to turn a image on or off... I want to use PHP to toggle the
disable feature of the checkbox based on scale.

I can't even figure out how to get the zoom in and out controls to
work...any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers!

Chip Hankley