[mapserver-users] True Type and PHP

ANDREW WOOLEY AWOOLEY at mountainland.org
Fri Jun 15 16:43:59 EDT 2001

Folks,

It appears to be my day to run into problems.

Anyway, this time I am having trouble with True Type fonts and PHP.  I found a thread from last August regarding this and I have tried to make my system like it is supposed to be, but it is not working.  I have recompiled PHP 4.0.4pl1 --without-ttf and I have FreeType support with mapserver, but it doesn't seem to want to work. The offending section of my mapfile follows:

LAYER
  NAME trailhead
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  DATA trailhead
  STATUS DEFAULT
  LABELITEM "name"
  CLASSITEM "name"
  #LABELMAXSCALE 500000

  CLASS
    LABEL
      COLOR 200 0 0
      TYPE bitmap
      #TYPE TRUETYPE
      #FONT bookman
      #SIZE 10
      size tiny
      POSITION UR
      PARTIALS TRUE
      BUFFER 2
    END
  END
END

This section works just fine in a normal map file w/o php, yet it creates serious problems when php comes into the picture.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Wooley